Friday, May 13, 2011

OCMCO Choir

On April 30th, the choir I sing with performed at the Orange County Performing Arts Center.  We performed Messiah in America, an original oratorio writen by Brett Stewart( our conductor).  The text is straight out of 3rd Nephi in the Book of Morman and tells the story of the people living in the Americas at the time of Christ.  It was a lot of hard work and a lot of fun.  The first week of June, we travel to Salt Lake City, Utah to record this great oratorio and to perform in the Morman Tabernacle on Temple square.  I am looking forward to this.  I was able to sing in the Tabernacle once years ago and it was a great experience.  Dan, Kevin, Bob, and Emily were all able to come to the performance.  I know it wasn't my son's cup of tea but I've set through enough of their things that I thought it was ok for them to come and get some culture!  They actually liked it.  Em flew down with the 2 kids so she coud go.  We had a nice visit with her and wished that Brian could have come too.

No comments:

Post a Comment