Today is my birthday. We are going to celebrate by going to the German Reichstag to tour the Deutscher Bundestag. This is the place of government for Germany. You have to make an appointment ahead of time so they can do a minimal background check on you before entering.
The day started with us meeting the Elders and Sisters at the bus stop. We exited our building and I saw the Sisters walking towards us. I looked away and then back. They had disappeared. I just figured they had forgotten something and ran back to their apartment. We arrived at the bus stop first. As we waiting, I looked across the street in time to see the Elders sneaking up the street, hiding behind cars. I started to laugh, something was up. A few minutes later, they ran to the bus stop and sang Happy Birthday to me. They gave me a large bouquet of flowers and a wonderful card and picture of the 4 of them. It was really nice. Then we got on the bus and off we went.
We arrived a little early and had to wait about 15 minutes for our appointment. Before entering the building, you had to go through a metal detector. Our tour was in German, so the Elders translated for us. It was a cool tour lasting about 90 minutes. Our tour guide seemed to have a sense of humor, making everyone laugh. The building itself is very modern on the inside as you will see from the pictures. The actual room where the Bundestag meets has purple and gray seats. They were not in session at this time so we were able to go into the room and sit down. We also went up into the big dome. You can see all over the city. I bet is really pretty on a clear spring day.
After our tour we went to Vapiano's for lunch. It is a Italian place with really good food. We had a very nice time.








No comments:
Post a Comment