Friday, April 6, 2012

Miracles Do Happen










This week is a holiday week for German's.  Most of the young people are out of school for Spring Break.  A lot of our YSA's are traveling.  We had only 6 young adults at FHE on Montag night.  Bro. Gruse asked us to fix a extra nice dinner for Institute on Donnerstag.  We talked about how so many YSA's were gone and he thought if we fixed dinner for 30ish, we would have plenty.  We set up tables for 36.  We decorated the tables with flowers and balloons.  It looked very nice.  We planned turkey breast, "funeral potatoes", green bean casserole, rolls, and strawberry cheesecake bars for dessert.   We were almost ready when YSA's started coming in.  They kept coming and coming.  (Which is good, right?)  Suddenly, they were setting up more tables and chairs, getting more dishes and moving every thing around to make room.  In the mean time, the oven had gone off, (I forgot to push the button to keep it on, it has to be pushed every couple of hours) so the food wasn't cooking.  I started to panic.  I got the oven going and food was again cooking, but what were we going to do about the extra people.  Instead of the 35 I had prepared for, we now had 50!  I told Dan to slice the meat real thin and to pray.  I stood in the kitchen wanting to go home and cry, but couldn't.  So I did something better.  I prayed to Heavenly Father.  I asked him to think of this like the 2 fished and 7 loaves of bread and to please not let anyone go without food tonight.  We started to serve (small portions) and suddenly every one was easting and there was plenty of food left.  We announced for anyone that wanted to, they could come back for seconds, which a lot of kids did, and still we had some potatoes and beans left.  I am thankful for a Heavenly Father that hears and answers prayers.  I know we did not have enough food for that many people, yet everyone ate and had enough.  It turned out to be a lovely evening.

There are signs of Fruhling (spring) everywhere.  As we walk to church, or through the part, everything is turning green and flowers are popping up.  I just wish the sun would stay longer and be a little warmer.

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet story! Glad everything worked out! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete