Friday, April 20, 2012

Newman Would Be Proud

We fought a battle with Deutsche Post.  We won. I think.  Emily sent us a package.  We didn't receive it.  The package went back to her in Seattle torn and tattered after two trips across the Atlantic.  Seems the mail carrier wouldn't leave the package because our name isn't on the klingeln (bell at our gate).  All other packages came to us fine or were sent to the post where we picked them up.  Not this time.  Emily sent a smaller package.  We got a Deutsche Post card telling the us the package was at the post and to pick it up.  We rode our bikes to  the post at Wittenberg Platz.  No package.  We were told it was at Potsdamer Platz.  We rode there.  No package.  We were told it was at the Pack Station on Luckenwalslerdtr.  We rode there.  It was 1200pm.  They open at 1:30 pm.  We rode back to the church to start cooking for institute.  At 1:30 pm , I rode back to the Pack Station.  No package.  The postman told me it was in the automated Pack Station outside the parking lot.   He helped me get the package.  I WAS HAPPY.  I walked to my bike which I had locked and reached into my pocket.  No key.  I had left y keys with Debbie at the church so she could unlock some doors.  I WAS NO LONGER HAPPY.  The church was 5 kilometers away.  I left my bike and started walking.  Near by I walked by a small hotel with several bikes parked out front.  They were for rent!!!  I went into the hotel.  I asked if I could rent a bike for 1 hour.  Nope!  It had to be for all day.  12 Euro.  I rented the bike, rode back to the church, gave Deb the package, got my keys, rode back to the hotel and gave them their bike back, walked to the Pack Station to my bike.  I unlocked my bike, rode back to the church.  Did I mention it was a small package?  (Emily, the dress is cute).  All in ll, we spent 4 hours searching  for our little package.  but we got our Package!!!  Newman would be so proud of Deutsche Post.  (Seinfeld reference).
Elder Johnson in Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment